11.10.2009

duhnuhnuhnuhnuhBATMAN


most would probably agree that time is always fleeting, but few feel that this fact alone makes the case for living in peace. only after eighty do most feel comfortable enough with their various achievements, honors, and degrees to allow themselves the bliss of a rubescent florida sunset.

only then.

i live in peace. i do my best not to torture myself, though that may not seem apparent given my polkadotted face. you see, i have this thing; a sort of security blanket, if you will. my general rule, that i rarely and never willingly break, tends to comfort me in times most would find stressful. it also does a considerable amount of work as a personal assistant, frequently making life-altering decisions for me without ever needing so much as my opinion.

my motto is my sidekick, think batman and robin - except robin no longer makes mistakes, and i'm batman, of course. this lack of err makes my personal theory reek of simplicity, and who doesn't love simplicity?

i don't do anything i don't want to do.

take a deep breath. i can see you getting all riled up from my alley behind espresso royale. beads of sweat are forming on your head as you wonder where i'm about to go with this, and whether you should stop reading now, or give this a few more paragraphs prior to grumbling, x-ing out this tab, and returning to facebook to update your status. please, give me a chance before solidifying your judgment. after all,

why should you do anything you don't want to do?

while obviously you're never going to make it through life's absurdities without doing some things you don't want to do, is it wrong for you to strive to enjoy yourself each and every moment that this is, indeed, possible?

i'll pause and let you regather yourself here, but i'm not done with this, or with you.

No comments: